You’ve been looking into the best smart 4K video doorbells for your home, but these options seem not to be available anywhere. Do 4K doorbell cameras exist? Are there any cheaper alternatives that are just as good?
This article will tell you all you need to know about the availability of 4K doorbell cameras and also help you find an affordable smart video camera with Alexa compatibility without spending too much money.
Are there 4K UHD Smart Video Doorbells?
At the moment, there are no 4K UHD smart video doorbells on the market. However, Feels is a promising 4K smart doorbell that is still in early development and won’t be selling en masse for a few years yet.
At the moment, 4K UHD smart video doorbells are not as common as their 1080p counterparts. However, this may change in the near future as 4K technology becomes more prevalent. If you are looking for a high-quality video doorbell, then you should consider a Full HD model. Full HD (1080p) recording is still an excellent option, and you can find many great video doorbells that use this resolution.
Why 4K smart doorbell cameras would be a great home security gadget
Based on the research, There are a few reasons why 4K smart doorbell cameras would be a great home security gadget.
- Firstly, they offer high-resolution video that is easy to see. This is important for making out people’s faces and car plate numbers effectively.
- Secondly, they have plenty of on-device processing power, which is necessary for using smart home features.
- Finally, they have high FPS (frames per second), which ensures smooth and clear video footage.
The possible disadvantage of 4K smart video doorbell cameras in future
4K smart video doorbell cameras are becoming more and more popular because of their high resolution and FPS. However, there are a few potential disadvantages that could become an issue in the future.
One is that these features require more processing power, which can be costly to maintain over time. Another is that extra storage space is needed to store high-resolution video recordings, which can take up a lot of space over time.
Another possible disadvantage is that they may use more power than standard HD cameras, especially when plugged in or battery-operated. Another potential downside is that there are currently no commercially available 4K smart doorbells.
This means that there is no way to judge their long-term viability or performance.
Best 4K Doorbell Cameras
Feels doorbell camera has been touted to be the best 4K video doorbell camera, however, at the time of this article, it is still in development and not out for commercial use.
Best Alternatives to 4K doorbell cameras for your smart home in 2023?
1. Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell
The Arlo Essential Video Doorbell is a reliable, battery-powered doorbell that is easy to install and offers sharp HDR video, voice control, and interoperability with third-party smart devices. You’ll be able to get the wired model or pay extra for the battery-powered version, but you need an Arlo Secure plan to get the most from either. Without a subscription, the Arlo doorbell is limited to live streaming and motion notifications only.
The companion app is very straightforward and relatively quick to load a live view or recorded videos compared to other smart doorbell apps. The battery life lasts up to 6 months on a single charge, which means you won’t have to worry about replacing batteries often. False positives are rare, and it never misses the action—even when it’s dark outside.
With its expansive 180-degree square view, swift alerts, and detailed video during the day and night, this doorbell is perfect for anyone who wants an easy-to-use solution that’s reliable and accurate.
- With its expansive 180-degree square view, swift alerts, and detailed video during the day and night, this doorbell is perfect for anyone who wants an easy-to-use solution that’s reliable and accurate.
- The Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell offers superior performance compared to other smart doorbells: With rare false positives and never missing action, the Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell is a powerhouse when it comes to reliability.
- The notification system is user-friendly and efficient: Notifications are clear and concise, making it easy to understand what’s going on without having to open the app.
- You can get the wired model or pay an extra $50 for the battery-powered version: If you’re looking for a versatile smart doorbell that can work both indoors and outdoors, choose the wired version over the battery-powered version.
- The Arlo Essential Video Doorbell offers sharp HDR video: With its sharp HDR video, you’ll be able to see everything clearly even in low light conditions.
- You can control your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell using voice commands: Speak your commands into the speaker on the front of the doorbell and watch as it’s executed right in front of your eyes.
- The Arlo Essential Video Doorbell is interoperable with third-party smart devices: Add this convenient doorbell to your home automation system so that you can keep tabs on everything from inside or outside of your home!
- The Arlo EssentialVideo DoorBell has activity zones: You can specify areas of your property that should automatically trigger motion notifications, so you won’t be pinged every time the neighbor’s cat crosses your porch.
- More expensive than other models: The wired model costs $150, but you can also get the battery-powered version for $50 more.
- Requires an Arlo Secure plan: To get the most out of either model, you need to subscribe to Arlo’s Secure plan
- Limited features without a subscription: The Arlo doorbell is limited without a subscription to live streaming and motion notifications.
2. Eufy Video Doorbell 2K Dual (Wired)
The Eufy Video Doorbell 2K Dual (Wired) is a great choice for those looking for a high-quality doorbell camera. It offers clear footage in a 4:3 aspect ratio, copes well with various lighting conditions, and has some smart features.
The battery-powered model comes with 16 gigabytes of onboard storage, or the wired version ships with just 4 gigabytes of onboard memory and costs $50 less. The delay when loading live feeds can be frustrating, but overall this doorbell delivers strong performance in our tests. You can easily set up this unit outdoors because of its compact and portable design.
The Eufy Video Doorbell 2K Dual (Wired) is a great choice for those who want a high-quality doorbell camera without the monthly fees. It’s easy to install and use, and it comes with a variety of smart features, such as facial recognition, person detection, and package detection.
- It offers a wide view in a 4:3 aspect ratio, copes well with various lighting conditions, and has some smart features.
- Affordable: The Eufy Video Doorbell 2K Dual (Wired) doesn’t require monthly subscriptions, making it affordable for users of any budget.
- Easy to use: The Eufy Security app is easy to use and allows you to tweak the sensitivity and activity zones to reduce unwanted alerts.
- Local storage: The onboard local storage allows you to record videos without uploading them to the cloud and access them from anywhere via the Eufy Security app on your phone.
- Wide view: The Eufy Video Doorbell 2K Dual (Wired) offers a wide view of your front door in a 4:3 aspect ratio (same as an iPad).
- Performance isn’t perfect but it was consistently quick during testing
- It comes with 16GB of storage on the HomeBase and is battery-powered, which is great if you’re looking for an option that you can take with you wherever you go.
- The Eufy Video Doorbell 2K Dual (Wired) is easy to install: Just mount it to the doorframe of your home or office, and you’re ready to go.
- You can use it with Alexa: You can control the Eufy Video Doorbell 2K Dual (Wired) with your voice using Amazon’s Alexa assistant.
- There are optional storage plans available: If you want more than 8GB of free video storage, you can purchase additional memory through a security plan that costs $3 per month or $30 per year.
- The camera has night vision capabilities: So even if nighttime visitors scare you, you’ll still be able to see them thanks to the camera’s night vision capabilities.
- In our lab tests, it received strong scores for video quality, data security, and response time for alerts and loading live feeds. Additionally, its facial recognition, person detection, and package detection features don’t require a subscription.
- It can take a few seconds for the live view or videos to load, and there is a lag with conversations.
3. Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 is the best video doorbell on the market. It offers top-of-the-line features, including highly detailed video, 3D motion detection, and a unique aerial view of motion activity.
Our testing revealed that the Ring Pro 2 is far superior to other video doorbells on the market. Its industry-rocking 3D-mapping technology simply cannot be beaten. The Ring Pro 2 comes in both wired and battery versions, making it perfect for any home or situation.
Compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, the Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 is a smart home must-have!
- This camera offers highly detailed video, 3D motion detection, and a unique aerial view of motion activity.
- The Ring video doorbell Pro 2 is the best overall: Our testing revealed it as the most capable video doorbell on the market, even surpassing Amazon’s Nest.
- Higher subscription fees
- Limited storage
What is the best 4k doorbell camera?
There are no 4K smart doorbells on the market as of now. The Feels 4K doorbell is still in development and has had production issues.
What is the difference between 4K and 2K resolution?
4K resolution is higher quality than full HD. This is because it captures 4 times as many pixels, providing a much clearer picture than 2K. A 4K smart camera also provides an extra level of detail over a full HD camera. Additionally, 4K displays show a massive difference in quality between HD and 4K, making it the best option for viewing high-resolution content.
What is the best 2k smart video doorbell camera?
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 is the best 2k smart video doorbell camera on the market. It uses 3D-mapping technology to give you a clear, precise view of your front door area. The camera has a wide field of view, so you can see everything that’s going on. The ring also has night vision, so you can see who’s there even in the dark.