With the improvements in Home security cameras, it is not out of place to want to know if you can view your ring cameras on smart TVs like Samsung TV, Fire TV, and other Smart TVs. In this article, you’ll find out if ring cameras can connect to your TV, allowing you to see what’s going on in your house.
Can I See My Ring Cameras On My Samsung TV? You may use your Ring camera to connect to your Samsung TV. To utilize the camera with your Samsung TV, you must first link it to both the Ring and SmartThings apps. Alexa with a Fire TV Stick or a Fire TV Cube may be used to link other smart TVs to the Ring camera.
The Ring camera is compatible with Samsung TV and can be viewed remotely. It is also possible to record or view your footage on a TV through the app. If you have a Samsung Smart TV and Ring camera, you can watch your feed from the ring on your TV using the Smartthings app. To do this, just go to “SmartThings” > “Apps & Devices”. Then click on your camera name and select “Ring Camera Monitor”.
Samsung Smart TVs are compatible with Ring, the popular smart doorbell that helps you keep track of your home and family. Samsung SmartThings is already installed on these televisions so users can enjoy upgraded features such as video chat.
We’ll go through how to connect your Ring camera to your Samsung TV and other Smart TVs, so you can start viewing recordings and live footage from your TV in the sections below.
- How to use your Samsung smart TV to view your Ring cameras
- Can you watch your Ring camera on other Smart TVs? (Non-Samsung Smart TVs)
- How to connect your Ring Cameras to your Smart TV?
How to use your Samsung smart TV to view your Ring cameras
To view your Ring Cameras on Samsung smart TVs, the first step is to link the Ring Camera to your smartphone’s Ring app, then connect your Ring account to your SmartThings account, and lastly your Ring camera to your Samsung TV. We have covered these steps below.
To connect your ring Camera to the Ring App Use the steps below:
- Install the Ring app.
- Make a new account or sign in to an existing one.
- Select Set Up a Device.
- On the Ring Camera, scan the QR code or MAC ID barcode.
- Choose the place where you want to install the camera.
- Call it the Ring Camera.
- Select Settings.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Choose the Ring Network.
- Then, choose your home Wi-Fi network.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password here.
- Continue should be selected.
- Follow the on-screen steps until you see the word Done.
To link your ring account to your SmartThings account, Use the steps below:
- On your smart device, launch the SmartThings app.
- Tap the “+” symbol to the right of Add a Device.
- “What do you wish to add to this location?” it will ask. Choose Device.
- Select Ring > Camera.
- Choose the Location and Room in which your Ring camera is installed.
- Next, click Authorize Connection to Ring.
- From the following screen, sign in to your Ring account.
- Tap the Authorize button.
- Click the Done button.
To Ring camera to your Samsung TV, use the steps below:
- On your Samsung TV, navigate to the app page.
- Choose SmartThings.
- Please sign in to your account.
- By selecting the gear icon in the upper right corner, navigate to Settings.
- Toggle the Notification switch to the On position.
- By flipping the switch to the on position, your TV will now notify you whenever the Ring camera detects motion.
Can you watch your Ring camera on other Smart TVs? (Non-Samsung Smart TVs)
If you own an LG Smart TV, Fire TV, or other Smart TVs you can stream live video from your Ring camera to the TV. You can set up this feature by going through the settings on your device and connecting with your phone.
You can watch the feed from your Ring Doorbell while the baby sleeps or see who’s at your door. The Ring camera is compatible with Samsung TV, which makes it easy to watch the video on a larger screen without having to connect to another device.
In order to get started, you’ll need the apps downloaded on your phone and your Samsung SmartTV. The Ring app will be installed automatically when it’s connected with a Wi-Fi network that is compatible with the camera.
LG Smart TVs compatible with Ring
All 2019 LG OLED TVs and all 2019 NanoCell TVs and above come with built-in Alexa. All of these TVs are compatible with the Ring product line.
LG Smart TVs, like all other LG products, are compatible with the Ring Video cameras and other ring devices. You can check from your TV’s menu to see if it is available and make sure that there aren’t any compatibility issues.
LG Smart TVs are compatible with Ring devices. If you have an LG TV and want to use your keychain-sized Alexa device, all you need to do is press the Amazon Alexa button on the Magic remote control and speak into it.
Fire TV Devices Compatible with Ring
Most of the different types of Fire TV devices can be integrated with Ring cameras. The Ring skill is compatible with most generations of Fire TV, the second-generation Fire TV Stick, all Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, and Fire Tablets Gen 7 and above.
The 1 st Generation Fire TV Sticks do not support integration with Ring. This is because the device only offers a limited number of apps that are compatible with it and does not offer a wide range of applications or services that can be used together to create an effective security system.
How to connect your Ring Cameras to your Smart TV?
If you have a smart TV other than Samsung Smart TV that does not support SmartThings, you may connect your Ring Camera to it with Alexa and an Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV Cube. Keep in mind that you’ll need an Alexa device as well as a Fire device for this to operate.
You must connect your Ring Camera to the Ring app before attaching it to the TV, just like you did with the Samsung TV. Following that, you can proceed as follows:
- On your smart device, launch the Alexa app.
- Select Main Menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Press TV and Video
- Choose Fire TV.
- Select Connect Your Alexa Device.
- Select a name for your Fire TV.
- Continue should be selected.
- Choose the Alexa device you’re using to operate your Fire TV. For instance, Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, and so forth.
- You can now view the camera on the TV by using Alexa instructions.
You can see that it is easier to connect your ring cameras to most popular Smart TVs: Samsung, LG Fire TV, and Sony without any technical knowledge.
Ring Cameras are an excellent addition to your home security system, adding an extra layer of safety around your property. If you have a Smart TV, it can display notifications from your Ring devices. You may require an additional device, such as the Fire TV stick, but it is inexpensive when compared to the cost of a Smart TV.