Having a Doorbell camera on your front door is always a good step to take, but what about when you are not at home? That is where Ring Doorbell comes in. Can you monitor your front door from anywhere with the help of a computer?
The ring is a company that manufactures wireless doorbells which makes it possible to answer the front of your home without having to get up. It also has some nifty features like detecting motion and recording video footage.
Although we’re excited to see the Ring Doorbell in action, you need to know if and when your device can be used on a computer or not.
Can I View My Ring Doorbell On My Computer?
Yes, you can watch your ring doorbell camera in real-time on your Apple or Windows computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Ring has developed applications for the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Windows Store that allow you to see live and recorded events on your computer.
The main benefit comes from its ability to be used on any device, including PCs, Macs, smartphones, or tablets. This convenience allows users more time for other activities while still being able to monitor their homes with ease
When using the Ring Doorbell as a video doorbell with your computer. You will need to download and install the Ring application on your computer in order to do this. The Ring Doorbell is a high-tech security system that lets you see and talk to visitors from anywhere in the world. It can be installed by following a few steps, but it does require some technical know-how.
After installation, the Ring doorbell will appear on your computer as an icon called “Ring”. You may also view this device through your smartphone app or tablet’s web browser.
When you are done, simply connect your ring camera to any of these devices:
- Windows PC
- Mac Computer
A computer can be used to view your Ring Doorbell when it is connected via the Wifi network. If you are on the go, then there is no need for a computer because all of this can be done on your phone.
If you are wanting to use Ring Doorbell with a computer, then make sure that the device is connected via Wifi so it will work properly.
How to watch your Ring Video Doorbell on your computer
If you are looking to watch your Ring Video Doorbell on your PC, it is better for you to use a desktop or laptop computer. This way, the video footage will be clearer and more responsive than using a smartphone or tablet. Here’s a step by step guide on how to view your ring doorbell camera on your computer flawlessly.
- Firstly, ensure you have a strong internet or WiFi connection
- Download and install the Ring Always Home App on Google Playstore for Andriod users or Apple Store for iPhone users.
- Create an account on the Ring app or log in to your exisiting ring account.
- Set up a device on the app. To do this, tap “set up devices”, and select “doorbells”.
- Using your smartphone, scan the barcode or QR code at the back of your ring doorbell camera
- Ring will ask you to specify your location. So, specify your location.
- Select a specific name for your ring doorbell camera so as to make it different for other ring devices in your home. You can stick with the default name if you wish.
- Now, put your ring video doorbell on setup mode
- Connect to your ring device. On andriod, the connection can be automatic while on iPhone, you’ll need to click/tap “Join”.
- Now connect your ring doorbell to your wifi network by selecting your network and log in with your credentials. Your ring device may update its firmware after connection. so you don’t have to panic when this happens.
- After the updates, initiate a test call by pressing the push button. this is ensure that your device is working well.
- Now, you need to set up live view on your ring video doorbell. this enables you to view your video doorbell any where with your PC or other devices. All you need do is to select the device with which you want to access live view.
- You can also download the bluestack andriod emulator in order to use your ring app on your PC
What are the benefits of watching Ring on your PC?
The size of the screen is the biggest benefit of watching Ring on your computer. You can also use your PC to see live footage from the doorbell, watch live feeds in multiple locations, and view video history.
You can also set up virtual cameras with different views that you can view on any device. For instance, if you’re at home but want to check in on the kids while they are playing outside, you could make a virtual camera appear looking down from upstairs looking into their play area.
If you have a Ring Doorbell and want to watch it on your computer, there are many benefits. The smaller screens of the mobile app make it difficult for people who use computers or laptops to see what’s going on at home. In addition, if someone is trying to access your account from outside the country without authorization, they won’t be able to do so with their phone as well.
The Ring Video Doorbell is a smart device that offers security for your home. It notifies you when there’s motion in the vicinity and records video footage of people entering or leaving your property, which can be saved to an SD card and watched on any computer with a 4K monitor.
It also has a ring-to-ring live talk feature so you can communicate without having to leave the comfort of your couch!
Why Watching the Ring Live on Your Computer could be bad?
While watching your ring doorbell live on your computer is a cool idea, there are a few drawbacks to look out for.
If your Ring Video Doorbell is battery operated (you can skip this part if your doorbell is connected to an existing electrical or ethernet wire), the battery will soon drain. These doorbells are intended for brief recordings (30 seconds) and not for continuous live monitoring. If you do this, keep in mind that you will need to recharge the battery soon.
In addition to draining the battery, your video doorbell consumes data on your local network. This is especially critical if you have a metered plan. Live video doorbells operate by transmitting and receiving data over your home WIFI network. Keeping this connection open might cause your internet connection to slow down for you and everyone else in the house. Only keep it open if absolutely necessary.
Furthermore, keeping the connection open might cause your computer to slow down. If you are doing anything like video editing while the connection is open, you will notice a slowdown in the performance of your computer. Everything takes longer to accomplish, which is the worst case situation if you are attempting to make a deadline.
The third reason you should avoid watching the Ring live on your computer is because it is distracting. You’ll be tempted to glance at it if it’s open. I’ve stopped what I was doing several times simply to watch who was circling the block.