Once you have your Wyze Cam setup, you may want to try and watch Wyze Cam on your TV. The good news is you can do this. The bad news is that it will require a bit of effort. Let us explain.
can you watch Wyze camera on your TV?
Yes, you can. If you’ve got the right equipment, you can watch Wyze Cam on TV. Using devices like Amazon’s Fire Stick or Google’s Chromecast, you can turn your normal TV into a smart TV. This allows you to stream on-screen content, and you can use it to connect to any Wyze Cams you have on your smart home network.
Wyze cameras likeWyze Cams V2 or Wyze Cam Pan are compatible with smart TVs, so if users want to view their camera’s images on the big screen, all it takes is a stable Wi-Fi connection to connect both devices and Wyze cam is not an exception.
Viewing your Wyze cam on a larger screen makes it more fun if you are using Wyze cam as a baby monitor. it gives you a wider range of view than a normal smartphone or tablet.
Basically, as at the time of this post, there are three established ways to view Wyze camera on TV. You can use amazon fire stick for smart TVs, Apple TVs, Google Chromecast and Tiny Cam Pro on Andriod TVs.
To wirelessly stream live footage on your TV screen with Wyze cam without internet, all you need is a wifi-enabled security camera like Wyze cam and a smart TV like Apple TV, Samsung smart TV and Fire TV. Although this may not be necessary a smart-enabled TV allows for voice activation and easier integration.
Also Read: Can I Use Wyze Cam As Baby Monitor?
Another way to watch Wyze cam on TV If you don’t have a smart TV is by using a Fire TV stick or Google Chromecast to connect your camera to Wi-Fi.
You should also make sure that the firmware is updated to the latest version as you may have problems connecting if you are using an older version.
Updating is quite easy, you just need to take the following steps:
- Ensure your camera and your smartphone are both connected to a Wi-Fi network with a working internet connection.
- Set up your Wyze Cam in the Wyze app on your device and give it a suitable name.
- Tap the camera feed in the Wyze app.
- Tap the settings icon in the top right corner of the screen to go to Camera Settings.
- Tap Device info.
- Tap Upgrade Firmware.
How to Watch Wyze Cam on TV
As stated earlier, there are three ways to stream Wyze cam footage on your TV.
- By using Amazon Firestick. “You can use fire TV or fire stick either one because they are Alexa enabled as long as you’re willing to use Alexa. All you have to say is Alexa show me wyze camera”.
- By using Tiny Cam Pro on Andriod TV
- By using Google Chromecast to stream videos to your TV
How to Watch Wyze Cam on TV using Amazon Fire stick
Fire TVs or Fire Stick use the Amazon Alexa smart home system to communicate with your home’s smart devices. That’s why you need to make sure the Alexa app is installed and synced with your Fire TV before connecting your camera.
- Once you’ve installed and configured Alexa on your Fire TV:
- Open the Alexa app and select ‘Menu’.
- Scroll down to ‘Smart Home’.
- Then select ‘Device’ and search for the skill for your ‘Smart Home Camera’.
- Once you find the camera skill, click to enable it; this will ask you to link your security camera’s account to Alexa.
- You can manually pair the camera by selecting “Devices” and “Discover” once the camera is connected to Alexa.
Alternatively, you can use the voice prompt “Alexa, discover devices” to automatically search for the camera.
After following these steps, you are ready to view your security camera directly on your Fire TV.
In addition, With the Alexa Voice Remote that comes with your Fire Stick, you can easily set up your TV or monitor to connect to your Wyze Cam and start casting with voice commands.
you can use voice commands such as “Alexa, show me the front door camera” to automatically display the corresponding images on your TV.
How to Watch Wyze Cam on TV using Chromecast
Google Chromecast allows you to stream media from your mobile devices (or other platforms) directly to your TV. In that case, you can also use it to stream footage from your Wyze security camera.
Here are some quick steps to get you started on how to watch where cam on tv with your Google Chromecast: You also need a Google Home device to act as an intermediary between both devices.
- Connect your Chromecast to your Google Home device.
- Next, you need to connect your security camera to Google Home.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Press Add> Set up device> Set up new devices.
- Select your Google Home, which will attempt to pair with your camera.
- Select your camera and tap to “pair” the devices.
After this, your system is ready for use, including voice activation. You can issue voice commands such as “Hey Google, show Wyze camera,” which will stream content to your TV via your Google Chromecast.
How to Watch Wyze Cam on TV using Tiny Cam Pro
Tiny Cam Pro is one of the most established security video viewing apps we have around. It is a feature-packed Android application that allows you to customize your security feed. In addition, being a native Android application, it can be downloaded on most smart TVs and it can also be used with most wired IP security cameras.
Tiny Cam Pro supports more than 12,000 models of security cameras (including smart cameras), so compatibility is no problem, it supports 2-way audio, SSL and HTTPS protocols for secure monitoring, AI object and face detection and background recording (including automatic removal of old footage).
Here is how to view Wyze camera on TV using Tiny Cam Pro
- Download the Tiny Cam Pro app from google playstore or apple store on your Wi-Fi smart TV and Apple TV as the case may be.
- Scan your home network and connect to the corresponding device to sync with your security camera (wyze camera.
- you can now stream your Wyze cam on your Smart TV using Tiny cam Pro
- If you are techie enough, you can even manually add cameras, however, you will need to provide the vendor, model, username and password for the device.
It’s worth noting that while Tiny Cam Pro isn’t the only app compatible with smart TVs and security cameras, with over 100,000 users, it’s a great place to start. Now that you’ve installed the app and are ready to go, let’s take a closer look at the connection to some well-known smart TVs.
On how to watch Wyze cam on apple tv, using tiny cam pro is the best method. Download the app from apple store and follow the steps above.
Conclusion: How to Watch Wyze Cam on TV
Giving that the methods outlined above on how to watch Wyze cam on tv, Android tv or apple tv may have their advantages and disadvantages, you should know that they all give you the and safest way to watch your Wyze security camera on TV.
Also, this may be an unpopular method but Wyze Cam uses a standard USB cable for an Internet connection. That means you can plug the Wyze Cam into a TV, monitor, or other display with a standard USB port.
Doing so lets you watch Wyze Cam footage on the big screen in your living room or bedroom. While you can’t watch Wyze Cam on TV directly from the Wyze Cam app, it is possible to stream Wyze Cam on a computer, TV, computer, smartphone, tablet, or computer.