Not every home has a smart doorbell. Smart doorbells can come in handy when you want to monitor your property from multiple areas, but sometimes that’s not possible because of the lack of technology at home or for different reasons (like if both members on a team are working remotely).
Ring Doorbell is a smart doorbell that allows you to monitor your home. There are many things you can do with the device, such as having two different apps open on one phone without switching or connecting to each other.
Did you know that you can connect two Ring devices to one phone and monitor your home from multiple locations at the same time with no hassle or need for extra equipment?
Setting up a second device to use with your connected home doorbell is easy, but it can prove tricky. Follow this blog post for some of the best ways to use Ring Doorbell on 2 phones or more than one phone at a time!
Can a Ring Doorbell Be Connected to More Than One Phone?
A Ring Doorbell can be connected to multiple phones. This is because it is a Wi-Fi device and does not require any wiring, so the user’s phone only needs to be within range of the Wi-Fi signal for this to work.
In addition to this, you are able to set up different profiles for each device with your account settings. You can then decide whether or not the doorbell will ring when a person presses it from any of these devices and if so how often they would need it rung in order for the notification sound on their phone/device to play automatically.
You might also provide the other user with your Ring login and password to use on another device, however, this is not encouraged.
With the ability to link 2 phones or more to a Ring Doorbell, extra eyes can assist defend your home at any time. Continue reading to discover more about these two shared access options for granting access to your Ring Doorbell to friends and family.
How do you connect Ring Doorbell to multiple phones?
There is no limit on the number of individuals or devices who can access your Ring account. When it comes to connecting multiple phones, there are just two options: use the “Shared Users” function or simply give someone your login information.
How to connect Ring Video Doorbell to more than 2 phones using the Shared Users feature
- On the Dashboard screen, tap the three lines in the upper left corner.
- In the top left corner of your screen, tap the device symbol.
- Tap the device to which you wish to add a Shared User.
- Select Shared User (you might have to scroll to see it).
- Enter the email address of the person you’d like to add as a Shared User here.
- Tap Add User – the new user’s email address will be added under “shared users” and will still show “waiting invite.”
- Tap the Send Invite button.
- The Invited User can accept the invitation by clicking on a link in their email. After the Shared User accepts the invitation, it may take up to 60 seconds for shared devices to appear in the app. It may take up to 15 minutes for Ring Alarm system Shared User invites to display on their Ring app.
- When you click on the link in the email, you will be taken to a new site where you may establish a Ring account.
- To proceed, enter your email address and establish a password, then click “next.”
- It’s now time to create and download the Ring doorbell app on your phone, as well as check in to your Separate ring account app.
What actions can a shared user take?
- Answer the doorbell and receive alerts when someone hits the button or motion sensors on cameras are triggered.
- If you have a Ring Protect Plan, you may watch saved videos.
- On a smartphone, tablet, or PC, they may enable and disable notifications for their individual account.
- Videos may be saved immediately to their smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer.
- Use smart locks and/or Ring Alarm systems to arm and disarm.
A shared user cannot do the following:
- A Shared User is unable to delete stored or shared videos.
- Remove all devices from your account.
- Any device settings may be changed or adjusted.
- Add more Shared Users.
How to connect ring doorbell to multiple devices using your main Ring account
To sign in to a single account from many devices, the primary account holder merely has to download the ring app on each device and then sign in using the main user login and password.
When a user logs into a single account, even if they are using numerous phones, they have full access to all functions on each phone or device.
This option is actually rather simple. Simply have the other person download the Ring app from their phone or device and connect with your own login information.
They will then be able to do whatever they can, such as delete movies, change names and settings, and share with other users.
This option is similar to giving someone your Netflix login. This gives the individual access to all of the profiles, or devices in this example, and allows them to make changes to them. While the Ring Alarm system requires a pin and has an additional structure in some areas, the Ring Doorbell does not.
Giving someone your login information allows them to do anything they want with the doorbell on their app.
This strategy may be appropriate for persons you trust and wish to grant additional access to. However, keep in mind that if you have more Ring devices in addition to the Ring Doorbell, they will be able to access and perhaps update those as well.
Just make sure the person you provide your login information to is absolutely trustworthy and will not modify or do anything without first discussing it with you.
Can I have Ring app on two phones?
Yes, you can have the Ring app on two phones. To share your Ring access with other family members or friends, simply download the app to their phone and follow the prompts.
If you want to be able to use the Ring app on two phones, then you’ll need to sign in as a new user. After logging back into your account, share access with another phone or set up an entire second account for your other device.
Does One Subscription Work For Multiple Ring Doorbell?
One Ring subscription can support up to ten Ring doorbells. This means that one subscription can be used with multiple devices and users without any additional fees or fines.
If you want to monitor multiple Ring doorbells with a single subscription, then you don’t need additional subscriptions or fees. You can share the account details for signing into the app on various smartphones and save money by sharing it with other people.
What smart devices work with Ring Doorbell and App?
Ring Doorbell works with Android and Apple phones. Different types of smartphones can be connected to Ring. Download the app from the play store or Appstore for free and you’ll have a connection within seconds.
Smart devices like tablets and phones can be used with Ring Doorbell. The same principle that applies to phone smart devices also applies to tablet smart devices.
Ring Doorbell can be setup on any tablet that has an app store. Android, Apple, Samsung and other tablets will work with this product.
Ring Doorbell works with a variety of smart devices. The Ring app is available on Android and iOS mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Google Chromecast and Samsung Smart TVs.
Ring doorbells are compatible with Alexa devices that have video capability. The Ring app is available on iOS and Android, as well as Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV.
The Ring doorbell allows Alexa-enabled devices to be connected, like the Amazon Echo Show or Spot. These can then give you a live view of what is happening in your home.
Ring doorbell works with Google Home and Chromecast. There are compatibility issues between the two products. Google Home is a device that can be used to control all of your devices.
It uses Google Assistant, which allows you to access voice search and home automation features on the internet in order to make your life easier while also saving time by automating tasks.
Ring Doorbell is compatible with a variety of smart devices, including IFTTT.