Introducing the ultimate guide to unlocking the power of your Blink security cameras! Have you ever wondered if you could have eyes on your home or office, even when you’re miles away? Well, wonder no more because we’ve got the inside scoop on how you can live view your Blink cameras online, and it’s easier than you think!
In a world where security is paramount, Blink cameras have become the go-to choice for homeowners and business owners alike. With their seamless wireless connection and round-the-clock surveillance, these cameras offer peace of mind like no other. But here’s the twist – did you know that Blink cameras can be accessed online? That’s right, you can have a front-row seat to all the action, no matter where you are.
Now, you might be thinking, “But isn’t there a risk of hacking?” Well, fear not! While it’s true that any device connected to the internet is susceptible to hacking, no Blink camera has ever been hacked to date. But hey, it’s always better to be safe than sorry, right?
So, if you’re ready to take control of your security and join the ranks of savvy homeowners who are always in the know, stick around. We’ll walk you through the simple steps to access your Blink cameras online and enjoy an extended live view.
Get ready to become the master of your surveillance domain and keep a watchful eye on your property, even when you’re sipping margaritas on a tropical beach. It’s time to step into the future of home security, and we’ve got your ticket right here. Let’s dive in and unlock the full potential of your Blink cameras.
Can You Live View Blink Cameras Online?
Yes, you can live view Blink cameras online. By accessing your account on the Blink website using a PC or laptop with a web browser, you can watch your Blink cameras online. The Blink security camera system allows you to remotely monitor your house or place of business from anywhere.
To view live or recorded footage from your Blink cameras, you can also use the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet. This app enables you to access the live view feature, which sends real-time photos and audio directly from the camera to the Blink app.
In order to use the live view feature, your Blink camera needs to be connected to a Wi-Fi network with an upload speed of at least 2 megabytes per second. It’s important to note that a slow or unreliable internet connection can affect the performance of the live view feature.
As well, some Blink cameras, such as the Blink XT2 and Mini, have two-way audio capabilities. This means that you can use a push-to-talk button on the cameras with microphones and speakers to communicate through the camera.
When viewing the Blink app, the display of the live view can vary depending on the orientation of your device. In landscape mode, the app may show full-screen images, while in portrait mode, the view may occupy the screen width.
How to live view Blink cameras online?
Live viewing of Blink cameras online allows users to access and monitor their Blink security cameras remotely through the Blink app or via the Blink website. This feature provides convenience and peace of mind by enabling users to keep an eye on their homes or businesses from anywhere.
To set up and access the live view feature for Blink cameras, follow these steps:
- Download the Blink camera app: If you haven’t already, download the Blink camera app on your smartphone or tablet. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
- Ensure internet connectivity: Make sure your Blink camera, phone, or computer is connected to the internet or Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Blink app: Launch the Blink camera app on your mobile device.
- Select the camera: From the home screen of the Blink app, select the camera you want to view live.
- Tap on Live View: Look for the Live View icon, usually located at the bottom of the screen, and tap on it. This will initiate the live view of the selected camera.
- Mute or unmute audio: If desired, tap the speaker icon to mute or unmute the live audio from the camera’s microphone.
- Save the session: To save the live view session, press the Save option and select the appropriate saving option provided by the app.
- Use the Talk button (optional): If you want to communicate through the camera’s speaker, tap and hold the Talk button. Release the button to listen through the camera’s microphone.
- Continue viewing (if required): To save bandwidth, the app may prompt you with a Continue. option if you wish to continue viewing the live feed. This option may appear multiple times until the five-minute viewing limit is reached.
- Re-enter the live view session: If the live view session expires before you’re finished, simply tap the Live View icon again to re-enter the session.
- Close the live view: When you’re finished with the live view, tap the Close button in the upper left-hand corner of the app to exit the live view mode.
It’s important to note that the above steps assume you have already set up your Blink cameras and have them connected to your Blink account. If you haven’t set up your cameras yet, you’ll need to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to complete the initial setup process.
In case you encounter any issues, ensure that your internet connection is stable and that your Blink cameras are properly connected. If you’re still experiencing difficulties, you may try restarting your devices or contacting Blink customer support for further assistance.
How To Use An Android Emulator With Blink Cameras for Extended Live View
Extended live view is a feature that allows Blink camera users to view their camera feeds on their computers using an Android emulator.
This feature provides several benefits, including a larger screen for better visibility, the ability to monitor multiple cameras simultaneously, and the convenience of accessing the camera feeds from a desktop or laptop.
To enable extended live view with Blink cameras using an Android emulator, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Download and install an Android emulator: Start by downloading and installing an Android emulator on your computer. Popular options include Bluestacks and NOX. Ensure that your computer meets the system requirements for the emulator.
- Launch the Android emulator: Once the emulator is installed, launch it from your computer’s screen. Depending on the emulator, you may need to log in to your Google Account to access the Google Play Store.
- Install the Blink app: In the Google Play Store within the emulator, search for the Blink Home Monitor app. Install the app on the emulator, just like you would on an Android device.
- Set up the Blink app: Open the Blink app on the emulator and follow the setup wizard’s instructions to complete the app installation. This may include signing in to your Blink account or creating a new account if you don’t have one.
- Connect the Blink cameras: Once the Blink app is set up, you can connect your Blink cameras to the app. In the app interface, look for an option to add cameras or a plus icon. Click on it to start the camera connection process.
Follow the on-screen instructions:
The app will guide you through the process of connecting your cameras. This may involve scanning a QR code or entering a camera ID. Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to ensure a successful connection.
- View the camera feed: After successfully connecting the camera, you should be able to see the camera feed on the app interface within the emulator. The camera feed will display live video from the Blink camera.
- Add more cameras: If you have multiple Blink cameras, you can add them to the app by repeating steps 5-7 for each camera. This allows you to monitor multiple locations or angles simultaneously.
- Customize camera positions: In the app, you can customize the positions of the cameras. This includes adjusting the camera angle, renaming the cameras for easy identification, and organizing them based on their location.
Troubleshooting tips: If you encounter any issues during the setup process, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure that your computer meets the system requirements for the Android emulator.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Restart the emulator and try again.
- Double-check that you have entered the correct camera ID or scanned the QR code accurately.
- If the camera feed is not appearing, check if the camera is powered on and connected to the internet.
How To Install Blink Home Monitor App Using An Android Emulator
How to Install Bluestacks on Windows PC (Windows 11, Windows 10 or earlier)
Bluestacks is a popular Android emulator that allows users to run Android apps on their Windows PCs. It provides a platform for gaming and running various Android applications on a larger screen.
In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through the installation process of Bluestacks on a Windows PC, including Windows 11, Windows 10, or earlier versions.
Before we begin, please make sure that your PC meets the minimum requirements for Bluestacks:
- Windows 7 or higher operating system.
- 2 GB or higher RAM.
- 5 GB of hard drive space.
- Administrator rights.
- Intel or AMD processor.
Now, let’s proceed with the installation process:
Step 1: Open your preferred web browser and visit the official Bluestacks website. You can go to either “https://www.bluestacks.com/” or “https://www.bluestacks.com/download.html“.
Step 2: On the Bluestacks download page, you will see options to download different versions of Bluestacks. Choose the version that suits your needs, such as Bluestacks 10 or Bluestacks 5. You can also find older versions like Bluestacks 4 if desired. Select the appropriate download button.
Step 3: Once you click the download button, the Bluestacks installation file (with a .exe extension) will begin downloading. Wait for the download to complete.
Step 4: After the download is finished, locate the downloaded .exe file and double-click on it to start the installation process.
Step 5: The Bluestacks installer will open. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the installation. You may need to grant administrator permissions if prompted.
Step 6: During the installation, you may be asked to choose the installation location and customize the installation settings. Make any desired selections and click “Next” to continue.
Step 7: Once the installation is complete, Bluestacks will launch automatically. If it doesn’t, you can manually open it from the desktop shortcut or the Start menu.
Step 8: When Bluestacks opens, you will be prompted to log in to your Google/Gmail account. This step is necessary to access the Google Play Store and install Android apps. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one or add it later.
Step 9: Enter your Google account credentials and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the login process.
Step 10: After logging in, you will have access to the Google Play Store within Bluestacks. You can now search for and install the Blink Home monitor app on your PC and even your favorite Android games and apps directly from the Play Store.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Bluestacks on your Windows PC. You can now enjoy running Android apps and games on a larger screen.
Please note that if you encounter any issues during the installation process, you may need to update your graphics card driver to the latest version or temporarily disable or remove any conflicting antivirus software.
Having Bluestacks installed on your Windows PC offers several benefits, including the ability to play mobile games with enhanced graphics and controls, run productivity apps, and experience Android apps on a larger screen. It provides seamless integration between your PC and the Android ecosystem.
How to Install Bluestacks on Apple Mac
To install Bluestacks on your Apple Mac and use the Blink Home Monitor app, follow these step-by-step instructions:
Understand the Importance of Using an Android Emulator on a Mac:
- Android applications cannot be directly installed and run on a Mac.
- An Android emulator like Bluestacks creates a virtual Android device on your Mac, allowing you to download and use Android apps.
Check System Requirements:
- Ensure that your Mac is running macOS Sierra or higher.
- Make sure your Mac has at least 4 GB of RAM and 4 GB of disk space.
- Your Mac model should be newer than 2014. Note that Bluestacks does not currently support Apple silicon.
- Visit the official Bluestacks website (https://www.bluestacks.com/download.html) using your browser.
- Click on the “Download” button next to “For macOS” under “Bluestacks 4”.
- Once the .dmg file is downloaded, locate it in your “Downloads” folder.
- Double-click on the Bluestacks.dmg file to open the installation process.
- If prompted for permissions, allow it.
Begin the Installation Process:
- Open the Bluestacks installer from the download folder.
- Enter the password for your Mac when prompted and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once the installation is finished, open the Bluestacks app.
- A Welcome window will appear. Select your preferred language and country, then click on “Let’s Go”.
Sign in with a Google Account:
- Sign in using your valid Google account credentials.
- Click on “Next” and then “Agree” to proceed.
Resolve System Extension Blocked Popup:
- You may encounter a “System Extension Blocked” popup. Don’t worry.
- Click on “Open Security Preferences” and then click “Allow” to continue.
Access the Bluestacks Home Screen:
- After resolving the popup, the Bluestacks home screen will appear.
- The home screen includes the Google Play Store and a collection of system apps, including Settings.
- There is also a toolbar on the side of the window that provides access to various features and modes.
Download the Blink Home Monitor App:
- To download the Blink Home Monitor app or any other Android app, click on the Play Store icon on the Bluestacks home screen.
- Alternatively, you can use the search tab to find the Play Store.
- In the Play Store, enter “Blink Home Monitor” in the search box.
- Once you find the desired app, click on “Install” next to it.
Use the Blink Home Monitor App:
- After the app is downloaded, you can use it on your Mac through Bluestacks.
- Open the app from the Bluestacks home screen or the app drawer.
Note: Bluestack does not currently have support for Mac users as this is still in the works
How To Save Live View on Blink Cameras
Saving live view on Blink cameras is a crucial feature that allows users to capture and store real-time footage from their Blink cameras for future reference or as potential evidence. By saving the live view, users can revisit the recorded footage at a later time, ensuring that no important moments are missed or lost.
This feature is especially beneficial for those who want to monitor their homes, keep an eye on their loved ones, or enhance the security of their properties.
To save a live view on Blink cameras, users must first ensure that they have downloaded the Blink camera app on their device. As well, it is important to have a stable internet connection or be connected to WiFi for seamless access to the live view feature.
Once the app is installed and the camera is connected, users can access the live view feature by tapping on the Live View icon on the Blink app’s home screen for the specific camera they want to view. This will open up a live feed from the camera, allowing users to see real-time footage.
During the live view session, users have the option to tap on the speaker icon to mute or unmute the live audio from the camera’s microphone. This feature can be useful in situations where audio monitoring is not required or when privacy is desired.
To save the live view session, users can press the “Save” option available within the app. By tapping on this option, the current live view session will be saved to the system’s primary storage location.
It’s important to note that the ability to save live view sessions to Cloud Storage is only available with a Blink Subscription Plan or Free Trial for Blink Outdoor, Indoor (gen 2), Mini, and XT2 cameras. XT and Indoor (gen 1) cameras do not have the capability to save live views.
If users have Cloud Storage and start a live view session with an Alexa-enabled device, the entire session will be automatically saved unless explicitly terminated. This ensures that users can review the entire session later if needed.
In the event that the Blink app is unexpectedly closed while watching a live view session, the session up to that point will be stored in Cloud Storage if the user has a subscription. This is done to ensure that the video is not lost in case of an abrupt app shutdown. Users can easily remove the stored clip from their clip roll if they wish to do so.
It’s worth mentioning that live view sessions are view-only if the system utilizes Local Storage instead of Cloud Storage. This includes live view sessions from Alexa devices that do not have access to Local Storage.
Here is a video on how to save blink camera clips locally:
To identify a saved live view session, users can look for a video camera symbol in the clip list within the Blink app. This symbol indicates that the live view session has been successfully stored and can be accessed in the clip roll for future reference.
In the System Settings of the Blink app, users can also select the option to save all live views. When this option is enabled, the “Save/Discard” slider is not visible during the live view session. This allows users to automatically save all live view sessions without having to manually select the “Save” option each time.
Is It Possible To Hack a Blink Camera?
Yes, it is possible to hack a Blink camera. According to cybersecurity firm Tenable Inc, they have identified vulnerabilities in Blink cameras that can allow hackers to access video footage, audio feeds, and potentially hack other smart home devices connected to the camera. It is important to take precautions such as using strong passwords and keeping the camera’s firmware up to date to prevent hacking.
Is there a Blink app for PC?
No, there is no official Blink app for PC. However, you can use an Android emulator like Bluestacks to run the Android Blink app on a Windows PC. Another option is to use the “Your Phone” app in the Microsoft Store, which allows you to connect your phone to your PC and access the Blink Home app. It’s worth noting that the “Your Phone” app may only work with select Samsung phones.
Does the Blink mini work with a PC?
Yes, the Blink mini camera can work with a PC by installing an Android emulator. However, it is important to note that the Blink mobile app, which contains all camera and system settings, camera scheduling, and clip sharing functions, is not accessible from a computer. The camera can be easily controlled or previewed from the Blink App on Android and iOS smartphone devices.
Is the Blink app in Microsoft store?
Yes, the Blink app is available in the Microsoft Store for Windows Phone devices. However, it cannot be installed on a computer.
Can I view my Blink Camera away from my Home?
Yes, you can view your Blink Camera away from your home as long as you have an internet connection and the Blink app installed on your device. The Blink app allows you to check in on your house and get a live stream of what is happening at any time, day or night. The Live View function of the Blink Doorbell system is a convenient tool that can be accessed remotely.