The Firestick is an open-source device that has revolutionized the way people enjoy their television. As more and more users discover this new technology, there are bound to be questions like:
Can you view blink cameras on the Firestick? This article will present a brief answer to this question by exploring how Blink Cam works and what makes it different from other streaming devices.
- Can you view blink cameras on firestick or TV?
- How to connect your Blink camera with Firestick
- How to Watch Your Blink Video With the Amazon Firestick
- How to Create an Alexa Skill for Your Blink Camera
Can you view blink cameras on firestick or TV?
The live stream from a Blink camera can be viewed on Amazon Firestick; both the Blink camera and the Fire TV must be linked to Alexa. You can also see your camera feed or recorded video clips on a smart TV by casting them from the Blink app on your phone.
The Blink camera makes it simple to check on your camera. Assume you receive a Blink notice about detecting motion or hearing anything. Using your Fire TV stick, you can immediately find out what’s going on.
If you hear anything in your backyard and have a Firestick, you can simply ask Alexa to show you the back door camera. Alexa will broadcast whatever is going on in your backyard to your TV in a matter of seconds.
This is a simple task that Alexa can accomplish if you indicate which camera you want to see on your screen. Using the inbuilt Alexa Voice Remote, you can now control and launch your favourite entertainment on the Firestick.
Blink cameras offer professional-level monitoring, but they don’t come with a professional price tag. If you want the best of both worlds, there is an easy fix for this dilemma. You can purchase the Amazon Fire TV Stick and add your own professionally monitored camera to it without having to pay extra money for that privilege.
The process is relatively simple; all you have to do is download the cloud from Google Play on your phone app or computer through a web browser and connect your Blink camera to the Firestick.
However, before you can watch your Blink camera feed on your Fire TV, you must connect the camera and the TV to your Alexa app. You’ll need compatible devices, such as an iPhone and an Apple TV, to cast your phone’s screen to your TV.
How to connect your Blink camera with Firestick
It’s fun to watch your Blink camera on your Firestick from the comfort of your living room. When properly installed, you receive a streamlined security experience that is simple to use. Here’s a step-by-step guide to connecting your Blink camera and Firestick.
Step 1: Set up your Blink camera
Begin by deciding where you want to put your camera. Place the camera on the mount that came with the package.
The Blink app is available on Firestick. By following the instructions in this article, you’ll be able to set up your camera within minutes and start streaming!
Step 2: Install your Firestick device
It’s time to install your Firestick gadget if you haven’t already. All you have to do is insert your Firestick into your TV’s specific port. Assuming you’re connected to the internet, your Firestick will prompt you to link it to your streaming accounts.
The second step to installing your Firestick is connecting the Blink camera. After doing so, you will then be able to watch it on your TV or use it for security purposes.
Step 3: Link the two devices
To connect your Alexa account with your Blink device, you need to download and install the Alexa app on your Firestick. You can then use an Echo or Spot as a security camera monitor.
Once the devices are linked, you can start streaming surveillance from your camera. The two devices will automatically identify themselves upon connection and link to one another via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Step 4: Test your connection
The fourth step of the setup process is to test your connection. You can do this by turning on your Blink camera’s app and then selecting “Cast”. Once you have your Blink connected, select “Chromecast” from the drop-down menu in order to use Chromecast with Firestick.
Before you can view your Blink camera through your Firestick device, you must first ensure that the two devices are properly connected.
How to Watch Your Blink Video With the Amazon Firestick
To see the live broadcast from your Blink camera on your Fire TV, connect the camera and TV to your Alexa app if they aren’t already.
If you don’t currently have a Fire TV, you may buy a Fire Stick and connect it to your existing TV as an option.
Simply say, “Alexa, show me my [name of the camera]” to watch your Blink camera live stream on your Fire TV.
You can also operate your Blink camera with your Fire TV or any Alexa-enabled device by using the following voice commands:
- “Alexa, ask Blink to disarm.” (Alexa will prompt you for your Blink pin when you use this command.)
- “Alexa, ask that Blink to get my status.” (Alexa will provide the status of all your Blink cameras that are connected.)
- “Alexa, show blink last clip.”
- “Alexa, inquire with Blink how many motion clips I have.”
How to Create an Alexa Skill for Your Blink Camera
You can use an Alexa routine to conduct a Blink camera action for a specific length of time or duration.
You can set up one (or more) by doing the following:
- Navigate to the Alexa app and choose the curtain menu. Select ‘Routines.’
- Tap on the + icon to add a new routine.
- Choose ‘Enter the routine name’. Give your routine a name.
- When this happens, click ‘When this happens,’ then select the Smart Home icon.
- Select the Blink camera you wish to utilize for the routine under ‘Choose Device.’
- Select if the action was ‘Detected.’ When you do this, you may provide a time limit for the initial event. If you choose ‘Not Detected,’ you must provide a waiting time for the initial event.
- To set the timetable for the active routine, choose ‘Anytime.’ By using the ‘Next’ button, you can also construct a timetable.
- Click the ‘Add action’ button. You may choose ‘Alexa says’ and enter the message for the routine.
It’s simple to see your Blink camera on your firestick or TV. All you have to do is pair this gadget with your Firestick using the Alexa app.