Arlo is great and it’s easy to install, but not everyone has an Amazon Echo or compatible Arlo security camera. What if you want to use the home monitoring features with Alexa? You have a few questions about how well does Arlo work with Alexa and what are some of the differences between using your smart speaker for voice commands vs. for video playback on a compatible device like an Amazon Echo Show or via a mobile device app?
This article will answer your questions and give you a few tips on how to make the most out of using Arlo with Alexa.
- Does Arlo Work With Alexa?
- Which Arlo Products Are Compatible With Amazon Alexa?
- How to Connect Arlo Devices to Amazon Alexa
- How to View Your Arlo Camera on the Amazon Echo Show
- Alexa commands you can use with Amazon devices to view my Arlo cameras
- Arlo outdoor camera smart integrations
Does Arlo Work With Alexa?
Yes, Arlo devices can be controlled with Alexa on Echo Show and Echo Spot devices. Following the current smart home trends, Arlo also included compatibility for Amazon’s Alexa assistant. This functionality allows you to manage the cameras with voice commands and see the live footage on your Echo Show. You can ask Alexa to show you the live stream from your Arlo cameras, start and stop recording, and more. You can use voice commands to control your camera and view live footage. Additionally, you can use Arlo to take snapshots or record videos.
Which Arlo Products Are Compatible With Amazon Alexa?
Arlo is a company that produces home security cameras and other related devices. They have recently partnered with Amazon to create a line of products that are compatible with Amazon Alexa. This means that users will be able to control their Arlo devices using voice commands through their Echo or Echo Dot device.
You can use the Amazon Alexa skill to link your Arlo devices and live stream footage directly to your TV screen. All you need is an Echo Show, Echo Spot, or Fire TV with the latest version of the Arlo app.
You have a plethora of choices for connecting your Arlo equipment. Indeed, the majority of their items are compatible with the Alexa app. Consider the complete list:
- Arlo Pro
- Arlo Pro 2
- Arlo Ultra
- Arlo Q
- Arlo Q Plus
- Arlo Baby
- Arlo Go
- Arlo Wire-Free
- Arlo Security Light
- Arlo Audio Doorbell
As you can see, you have a variety of connection choices. My advice is to pair your security camera with an Amazon Firestick or a TV cube. This way, you may use a simple voice command to live-stream footage right to your television screen. You have a plethora of choices for connecting your Arlo equipment. Indeed, the majority of their items are compatible with the Alexa app. Take a look:
- Echo Plus
- Echo Show 5
- Echo Show 8
- Fire TV Cube
- Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen Or Higher+ 4K
- Fire TV Edition Smart TVs
- Fire Tablets 7th Gen Or Higher
Arlo has a whole website dedicated to integrating its cameras with the Alexa app. We’ll guide you through Arlo’s knowledge while adding our own beneficial touch.
How to Connect Arlo Devices to Amazon Alexa
You can connect your Arlo devices to Amazon Alexa with the Arlo Skill. This will allow you to use voice commands to control your Arlo devices. To connect the devices, open the Amazon Alexa app and search for the “Arlo” skill. Then, follow the instructions to connect your account.
1. Get an Arlo Device e.g Camera, Doorbell.
You may choose from any of Arlo’s cameras that operate with Alexa. Currently, Arlo sells the following:
- Arlo Ultra 2
- Arlo Pro 3
- Arlo Pro 4
- Arlo Essential
- Arlo Essential Indoor
- Arlo Wired Video Doorbell
- Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free
- Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera
2. Get an Amazon device
You’d likely link your Arlo camera to an Amazon device that has or is connected to a screen. You can choose from the following:
- Echo Show
- Google Nest Hub
- Google Nest Hub Max
- Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick (second generation)
- Fire TV Edition smart TVs
3. Set up your Arlo camera or Device.
To get started, just follow the instructions in the Arlo app. Then, ensure that the camera is powered on and linked to your Wi-Fi network.
4. Set up your Amazon device
Additionally, there is an app for this. Your Alexa app will walk you through the process of configuring your Echo or other Amazon device. Before proceeding to the following step, verify that your smart device is powered on and connected to the internet.
5. Enable the Arlo Alexa skill
On your Amazon device, there are two methods to enable the Arlo Alexa skill. The first option is to ask Alexa, “Alexa, enable the Alro skill.” This will then ask Alexa to demonstrate how to link your Alro and Alexa accounts. The second method is to launch the Alexa app and search for the Arlo skill. To install the function, tap on it; you will be prompted to sync your Arlo/Alexa accounts.
6. Link Amazon and Arlo accounts
The Alexa app prompts you to sign in to your Arlo account to complete the setup. The Alexa app will prompt you to provide access to your Arlo account. (You must accept if you wish to connect the two.) Alexa will then alert you that your accounts have been connected successfully.
7. Discover Arlo Device
In your Alexa app, you must “discover” your Arlo devices. Alexa will help you through the procedure once more. Once discovery is complete, you may use voice commands to control your Arlo cameras. To watch the stream from your Arlo camera, simply say, “Alexa, show me Arlo Pro” (or whatever name you choose for your camera). To disable the stream, simply say, “Alexa, disable Arlo Pro.”
- Does Eufy Camera Work with Alexa?
- Does Arlo Doorbell Work With Google Home?
- Can I View My Arlo Camera On My TV?
How to View Your Arlo Camera on the Amazon Echo Show
In order to view your Arlo camera on the Amazon Echo Show, you need to have an Arlo installed and set up. You will also need to add the Arlo skill to your Amazon Echo Show. Once you have done that, you can open the Alexa app and say “Alexa, show me my Arlo cameras.”
1. Enabling Arlo Alexa Skill
While you can accomplish this with your Echo Show, it’s easier to utilize the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet. This can also be accomplished through the use of voice commands. Simply ensure that your smart device’s Amazon Alexa software is operating in the background.
- “Alexa, enable the Arlo skill,” say.
- The Alexa app will launch, displaying the Arlo account login screen.
- Enter the username and password you created on the Arlo website earlier.
- You will receive confirmation that the connection between your Arlo account and the Alexa app was successful.
Additionally, you can do this action manually using the Alexa app, using your fingertips in place of voice instructions.
- Launch the Alexa application.
- To enter the app’s menu, touch on the three lines in the upper left corner of the home screen.
- Select “Skills & Games.”
- To access the “Your Skills” section, click the “Your Skills” tab.
- In the top right corner, tap the search symbol and type “Arlo.”
- From the results list, tap the Arlo symbol.
- Select “Enable for Use”.
- To begin, sign in to your Arlo account.
- If everything goes well, you’ll get the message “Arlo has been successfully connected.”
- After you’ve activated this talent, it’s time for Alexa to discover all of your Arlo cameras.
2. Connecting Your Arlo Cameras
Continuing the previous section:
- In the top left corner of the screen, tap “Done.”
- The menu “Discover Devices” should appear.
- In the lower right corner, tap the “Discover Devices” button and wait for Alexa to complete the search.
- Alexa will then provide the number of Arlo devices discovered.
- Select “Choose Device.”
- You should see the names of your Arlo cameras, as defined in the Arlo app earlier.
- Select a camera and then “Set Up Device.” You may rename the camera here if you want to indicate the specific Arlo camera. Additionally, you may associate it with an existing Alexa group, such as Back Yard, Living Room, or others.
- This procedure should be repeated for each Arlo camera.
3. Using your Arlo Devices on Echo Show
Because you’ve already configured your Arlo cameras for use with Alexa, connecting them to the Echo Show is a breeze. As an example, say you’ve put an Arlo camera on your front door and given it the moniker “Arlo Front Door.” Switch up your Echo Show and ask Alexa to show you the Arlo Front Door. The live footage from your Arlo front door camera will display on the Echo Show in a few seconds.
Alexa commands you can use with Amazon devices to view my Arlo cameras
To enable the Alexa Skill on your Arlo camera, make sure that it is powered on and connected to the cloud. You can then say “Alexa, ask Arlo to show me my front door” or any other command you would like. You can use the following Alexa commands to view your Arlo cameras: “Alexa, show me my front door camera.” “Alexa, show me my backyard camera.” “Alexa, what’s on my schedule today?”
You can use a variety of voice commands with Alexa to interact with your Arlo cameras. For example, you can ask Alexa to show the live video from a particular camera, save a clip from a recent event, start and stop recording, change the resolution, turn on night vision, and more. You can find a full list of available commands on the Arlo website.
Arlo outdoor camera smart integrations
Note: Offers are subject to change.
The Arlo Pro is also compatible with Apple HomeKit, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT.
Does Arlo doorbell work with Alexa?
Yes, Arlo doorbells work with Alexa. You need to enable the Arlo skill on your device and make sure that Don’t Disturb is turned off so that the doorbell will not be disturbed when it rings. Next, you need to connect your Arlo video doorbell to Alexa and configure it accordingly.
Why won’t Alexa find my camera?
There are a few things you can try if Alexa isn’t finding your camera. First, make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo app installed on your device. You can also try boosting your network connection or using different Alexa commands. If you’re still having trouble, contact an Arlo moderator for assistance.
Does Arlo doorbell work with Echo dot?
Yes, Arlo Video/Audio doorbell does work with Echo dot. Once the Doorbell is connected, you will be able to hear announcements from your Alexa device when someone presses your doorbell. You can enable Silent mode on the Arlo Video/Audio doorbell by opening Arlo’s official website or launching the app on your phone. On the website, you would see the devices that are connected to your account, click on the Video Doorbell and move the slider from right to left.
Will Arlo cameras work with Alexa?
Arlo cameras work with a variety of products, services, and protocols. This includes Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT. They are compatible with many different devices and systems so that you can have full control over your security system.