Security cameras are a great way to protect your home, but they can also be used for home automation? With the Blink camera, you’ll have both of these things with just one device. Learn how it works and whether or not Alexa will work with it.
Is Blink Security Camera compatible with Alexa? Yes, blink security cameras both outdoor and indoors works perfectly with Amazon Alexa. As long as you own an Echo, Echo Show, Spot, or Dot, you’ll be able to control your Blink Security Camera using Alexa. You can start and stop recording and also see the footage on your screen at home.
Currently, all Blink cameras, including the Blink indoor and outdoor cameras, are compatible with Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant. Your gadget may simply be linked up to Alexa for added intelligent capabilities. By enabling the “Blink Camera Skills,” Alexa lets you see your camera’s live video feeds on your smartphone.
Amazon Echo Show or Spot users may also view live video feeds from their cameras via the Amazon Echo Show or Spot. As soon as you say “Alexa,” your Echo will display a live feed of the camera on your porch or any other installed camera in your house.
By combining Blink with Alexa, users can remotely access additional smart home features. The Alexa app allows users to watch their camera’s live feed and operate their Blink camera with voice commands.
Blink Home Security Camera is a great investment because of its motion detection capabilities and easy setup process. Whether you’re using the camera for home security purposes or as a baby monitor, it’ll do the job perfectly.
While security cameras have been around for a long time, the introduction of technological advancements has made them even more popular. Most people appreciate the added sense of safety that these devices provide, but they’re largely criticized for not being as effective as a central electronic eye. Blink Security Camera is one such device that promises to be an “always-on” security camera without compromising on quality or convenience.
The Blink Home Security Camera is a small device that’s meant for indoor use only. Because of its size, it’s easy to position, and it can be used by anyone who possesses basic knowledge of electronics.
The camera is extremely easy to set up. Simply plug the device into an outlet, download the Blink app on your phone, and follow the instructions provided by the app. This process only takes a few minutes to complete.
The camera has a built-in microphone for audio-based alerts, and it can record video on your phone. The device has an LED light that turns on when motion is detected.
The app is great for managing the camera’s settings by connecting to the device’s remote control. You can also connect multiple devices with the same app, so there’s no need to set up separate logins for each camera. This is useful if you have multiple locations or pets that require constant monitoring.
If you own a smart home or simply want to add a security camera to your house in general, then Blink Security Camera is guaranteed to please. It comes with an impressive set of features that include motion detection, 1080p video resolution, and an IP66-rated housing. These features combine into a device that’s well worth the investment, and it can be used for tasks such as baby monitoring and pet monitoring.
Amazon Alexa Devices that work with Blink Security Cameras
Listed below are the Alexa smart devices that are compatible with the Blink security camera or blink Smarthome Skill. Some of these devices are screen supported which allows you to view live camera video feeds and non-screen supported which allows you to listen to camera audios only.
Amazon Alexa Devices with Screen
- Echo Show 2nd generation
- Echo Show 5
- Echo Show 8
- Echo Show 1st generation
- Echo Spot
- Fire Tablets (Fire HD 8, Fire HD 10, Fire 7,” Fire 8,” Fire 10″)
- Fire TV Editions (Fire TV 1st and 2nd Gen, Element 4k, Toshiba 4k, Insignia 4k, Toshiba HD, Insignia HD)
- Fire TV Stick (Fire TV Stick 4k+, Fire TV with Alexa Voice Command)
Amazon Alexa Devices without Screen
You must first enable the Blink Smarthome Skill before you can use your Blink camera with Amazon Alexa. Let’s take a look at How to use blink cameras with Alexa
How to use Blink Security Cameras with Amazon’s Alexa
Blink SmartHome is an Alexa ability that allows you to access blink cameras with only your voice! Enabling the skill in your Alexa app, then connecting it to an Alexa-enabled device, will provide you with a variety of access and notification choices. Here’s an easy guide to connecting your blink camera system to Alexa.
- To begin, use the Alexa mobile or desktop app. Select Skills & Games from the curtain menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the home screen.
- Search for “Blink Smarthome” in the search tab, then choose the talent. You should choose the Enable to Use option. The app will navigate to the Account Sign In link on its own.
- Enter the email address and password for your Blink account. For Alexa to access additional smart features, you will be required to generate a special 4-digit pin code*. When you’re finished, tap the sign-in button.
- When you touch the sign-in button, the Alexa app will sync with the Blink server, discover your device(s), and display a message notice that says, “Your Blink Smarthome has been successfully linked.”
- To reach the Discover Devices screen, select Close. While your device may have been discovered, you might consider re-discovering it—tap Discover Devices.
- The setup page will tell you that numerous devices have been detected and linked to the Blink Smarthome Skill after 45 seconds of searching. If you’re scanning it after you’ve added your device, you may need to press the device icon in the lower right corner of the screen to get a list of the devices found.
- Tap the device icon to see all of the available equipment that you can connect to. You may also press the camera icon to get a live feed of all the cameras around your house.
Blink Security Camera is a great investment because of its motion detection capabilities and easy setup process. All Blink cameras are compatible with Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant. By enabling the “Blink Camera Skills,” Alexa lets you see your camera’s live video feeds on your smartphone.
Blink Security Camera is an “always-on” security camera that’s meant for indoor use only. It comes with an impressive set of features that include motion detection, 1080p video resolution, and an IP66-rated housing. The camera can be used for tasks such as baby monitoring and pet monitoring.