Does ECHO show work with Blink camera? Yes, blink cameras work with the Amazon Echo Show. In addition, you can also show your stereo to your Echo Show. That’s thanks to the functionality that’s built into Alexa. This means you can control your blink camera using the Echo Show, or play your music in any way you wish.
Echo Show is a hands-free, voice-activated Alexa device that serves as a second screen for compatible smart-home products and services. Although Echo Show is essentially a combination of a smart speaker and a digital assistant, it has the full Alexa voice assistant baked in.
For those who just acquired a Blink camera or an Echo Show device, we know you are eager to connect the two and watch your Blink camera on the Echo Show device. Connection to the Echo Show is simple and takes only minutes. You can also set up a routine for your Blink camera to appear on the Echo Show screen when motion is detected.
An Echo Show in conjunction with a Blink Outdoor Camera will provide you more choices for home security by allowing you to interact with your camera without having to be tied down to your smartphone.
The blink Security camera works with the following Echo Show Variants:
A Blink Outdoor Camera and an Echo Show will be connected in this method. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to connect your blink camera with your Amazon Echo Show.
How To Connect Blink to Echo Show the Easy Way
Wireless connectivity, numerous command choices, remote comfort, and other features make this combo an excellent choice for effortlessly connecting your home security.
After connecting your Blink Outdoor Cameras to an Echo Show (recommend Echo Show 8), you’ll have on-demand access to the cameras and live video feeds. Furthermore, utilizing your voice to access the stream provides a hands-free improvement to the user experience.
With that stated, let’s go over the steps to making this link a reality:
- Install the Alexa app on your smartphone. Click here if you’re using an Android smartphone. Click here if you’re using an iOS device.
- Log in to your Amazon account after the download is complete. Open the menu in the lower right-hand corner. Then click on Skills and Games.
- Locate the Blink Smarthome skill using the app’s search function.
- Then, choose Enable to Use. This step will lead you to the Blink account sign-in page.
- If you do not already have a Blink account, you will need to create one in order to complete this process.
- You must generate a four-digit pin in order for Alexa to be able to use smart features. This pin will provide you access to a variety of smart home capabilities, particularly if you have additional Blink devices installed, such as a security system that you can arm and disable with your voice.
- To guarantee that your Blink Outdoor Camera is detected and linked, follow the instructions in the app. If you run into any problems, you can always go to the top menu and click Discover Devices.
- You may also name the device to make it easier to recognize each camera if you have more than one.
That’s all! You may now watch your Blink cameras on your Echo Show device. To see your camera, say “Alexa, show me (Camera Name),” and to exit the cam view on your Echo Show 8, say “Alexa, conceal my camera” (Camera Name). Check out Blink’s official page for additional commands.
How to View Blink Cameras on the Echo Show When Motion is Detected
You must build a routine for your Echo Show to automatically display your Blink camera on your screen when motion is detected. To put it simply:
- Open your Alexa app and click “More” in the bottom right corner, followed by routine.
- Give your routine a name.
- After you’ve named your routine, click “Next” to go on to the “When this happens” page.
- Choose “Smart Home.”
- Choose your Blink camera.
- If you want Alexa to make an announcement when it senses motion, just select Add action > Motion detection. Alexa Says > You may put in anything you want your Echo Show device to announce to you when motion is detected, and then just select the device you want to be informed on, which in this case will be the Echo Show.
- Simply add a new action > Personalize the action > When Blink senses motion, you should name your routine.
6 Benefits of connecting your Blink Security Amazon Camera with Echo Show 8
Connecting your Blink Outdoor Camera to your Echo Show 8 provides numerous advantages that improve the ease and peace of mind of your home security experience:
- Are you using your Amazon Echo Show 8? To watch a live stream from each camera, use a voice command to ask Alexa to “Show me” and your device’s name. Your Echo Show 8 will display the live feed.
- You may also ask Alexa to “Show me the most recent action from the,” followed by the camera name, to view the most recent video clip.
- Ask Alexa, “Alexa, ask Blink when my last motion alert was?” to find out when the last motion alert occurred.
- If you have several Blink Outdoor cameras installed, the Echo Show 8 can only display one live stream at a time.
- When you ask Alexa to provide live feeds from each camera, switching between channels is simple.
- Furthermore, by using the routine function in your Alexa app, you may improve your home security by adding other connected gadgets.
Blink cameras work with the Amazon Echo Show. This means you can control your blink camera using the Echo Show, or play your music in any way you wish. An Echo Show in conjunction with a Blink Outdoor Camera will provide you more choices for home security by allowing you to interact with your camera.
If you have smart outdoor or interior lighting connected to your Alexa app, for example, selecting the routine function will enable smart lighting to turn on when the Blink Outdoor Camera detects activity. This practice may give safe lighting alternatives for visitors to your house or perhaps dissuade a potential invader.
The routine skill may also enable smart interior lighting to turn on when the Blink Outdoor Camera detects motion, providing the appearance that someone is at home and monitoring outdoor activities, adding an extra layer of security to your property.