The Ring Spotlight Cam is one of the most affordable and easy-to-use security cameras on the market, but how well does it work with Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant? see the answer below
Ring Spotlight Cam is a new security camera from Ring that detects motion and lights up a user’s home. It is perfect for capturing those unplanned moments, like a child running in the hallway, or for recording love notes to your significant other.
The Ring Spot Light Cam syncs with your home WiFi and protects any room of the house where it is plugged in. It records video clips of any motion-triggered activity, so you can receive alerts on your smartphone as well as review footage from wherever you’re away from the camera, such as on a business trip or vacation. However, the feature that makes this security camera so special, is its integration with Alexa. By simply saying, “Alexa, turn on Ring Spotlight Cam”, your Ring cam automatically detects motion and lights up your home.
This Ring Spotlight Cam is compatible with Alexa, so you can get a text alert when the camera detects motion, and you can ask Alexa to turn on the security camera to view the footage.
The Ring Spotlight Cam also has two-way audio for speaking to someone who is at your door. That makes it a great option for houseguests or Airbnb visitors who need an extra place to sleep.
The camera will record for 10 seconds before a motion alert is sent, so, if you’re looking for a camera to catch someone who broke into your house, this isn’t the best option. Professional security cameras are better suited for catching intruders.
You can buy the Ring Spotlight Cam in white or black to match your home’s decor. The white is an aluminum finish whereas the black has a matte finish that looks similar to carbon fiber. Both are available at Amazon (and on sale)
How to Connect Ring Spotlight Camera to Alexa?
We decided to test out the Ring Spotlight Cam with Alexa. firstly we installed the Ring app on a phone, synced a Ring account with an Amazon Alexa account, and then used the app to pair the Ring Spotlight Cam to Amazon Echo.
The Ring Cam has a quick setup guide that guides you through the process. It only took a few minutes to get the Ring Cam set up and connected to Alexa. However, here is a step-by-step guide to connecting your ring spotlight camera to Alexa.
You can order Alexa to turn on your light, check the camera’s view, and more by following these simple steps. You’ll need a Ring Spotting Camera and an Amazon Echo device to do this.
To Connect Ring Spotlight Camera to Amazon Alexa:
- First, plug the Ring Spotlight Camera into a power source and then connect the Ethernet cable to your internet router.
- Download the Ring app from App Store or Google Play. Then, open the app and select Add Device. Put in your camera name and tap next. Note: you can also scan the QR code on your camera to add it to your account.
- Set up how you want motion alerts to be sent from your Ring camera in the Motion Alerts section of Settings in the app.
- Tap Use Ring device as the camera now.
- Tap Use Amazon Alexa to set up your Alexa device. To get started, make sure that you have your Alexa app installed and open it up.
- Go to settings, then scroll down to find the Ring custom skill.
- Tap the “Turn on by voice” button and then tap “start using” to get started.
- After you turn on your Ring Spotlight Camera with Alexa, you will be able to say “Alexa, turn on my Ring Spotlight Camera.”
- Continue, you can also turn off your Ring Spotlight Camera by saying “Alexa, turn off my Ring Spotlight Camera.”
- If you still can’t get it to work, try factory resetting your camera or contact [email protected]
Conclusion: Does Alexa work with Ring Spotlight Cam?
From the post, you can see that the ring spotlight cam works perfectly well with Alexa. We even went ahead to show you step by step how to set up your ring spotlight cam to work with Amazon Alexa because we know that connecting your Ring camera with Alexa can be extremely tricky and frustrating if you do not know what you are doing.