Schlage encodes WiFi smart lock is one of the best wireless locks on the market. It’s easy to install and is compatible with Amazon Alexa and google home so you can lock and unlock your door using voice commands.
Schlage Encode work with Alexa. The Schlage smart lock works by using Bluetooth Smart technology to differentiate the user’s phone from their smart device. This allows users to control their locks remotely without having to deal with any hubs they may not be comfortable with. However, the Amazon Alexa app is better than the Google Home app for locking and unlocking devices.
Schlage’s Encode smart lock is another that integrates with Amazon Key. In addition, because Schlage Encode smart lock works with Ring cameras, you may let guests in via the Ring app after observing them in real-time on the Ring.
With the Alexa app’s Key skill, you may use voice commands to lock and unlock your door with Alexa without entering your PIN code. One of the greatest smart locks you can find that also works with Google Home is the Yale Vault Smart Lock.
This lock may be opened using the Key app, a keypad code, or a real key. It has many of the same functions as the Schlage Sense Deadbolt, but it also includes built-in WiFi. With the Key app, you’ll be able to allow access from anywhere just as with the Sense deadbolt. For a limited period, up to 100 codes can be put up for temporary or permanent access.
You may specify the codes that you put up to give you an alert when they are utilized. You’ll be alerted when your children get home from school or when the dog walker shows up. You can also see when the time of day and night the codes were used, which is standard fare for most remote access tools.
The best reason to buy this lock is if you have a Ring Video doorbell and want to unlock it while talking to someone at your door. While the Encode is one of three locks supported for Ring integration, there are other benefits as well.
The app allows you just tap a button on the phone or tablet screen when talking with people at your doorstep that will let them know whether they need an entry code or not before unlocking their doors remotely. Google Home is only for voice activation, not for locks. Amazon Alexa app is better than the Google Home app for locking and unlocking devices.
How to add Schlage Encode Smart Lock to Alexa
The Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt can be controlled with your voice when linked to a suitable device. A simple voice command may provide convenience and peace of mind from any location.
When you enable the Alexa skill, you may ask Alexa to lock or unlock your door using Key by Amazon. You can also see if your lock is active, so you won’t have to worry about forgetting to lock up before you went. When used in conjunction with the Schlage Home app, Google Assistant users can check the status of their Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt and say, “Hey Google, lock my door.”
Amazon Alexa supports many different home automation devices. Schlage Encode is one of them. Schlage Encodes are battery-operated locks that can be opened by a key, code, or using the Schlage app.
Once you have installed your lock, you can add it to Alexa by following these steps:
- Open the Amazon Alexa App on your phone and tap on the Devices tab
- Tap Add Device, then select Schlage Lock
- Enter your lock’s serial number to register it with Amazon Alexa
You don’t need an Alexa-enabled smart hub with the Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt since it has built-in WiFi. Use the Alexa app on your smartphone to activate the Schlage Home skill and then follow the on-screen instructions to begin using your Schlage Encode lock with Alexa.
How to add Schlage Encode Smart Lock to Google Home
- Using the Schlage Home app for iOS or Android, create a Schlage account.
- Your smart deadbolt should be installed on your door and paired with your phone whether it is a Schlage Sense or an Encode model. (To use the Schlage system, iOS users must choose the option during the setup process.)
- Using the Home app, couple your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with the Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter (BR400) you already have in your account. In order to use the Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt, you don’t need any other equipment.
- Activate the Schlage Home app in Google Assistant by selecting it from the Assistant menu. To allow the app to access your locks, you must first link your Schlage account.
- In order to check lock status, lock and unlock your door, as well as manage access codes and virtual keys using the Schlage Home app on iOS or Android, you will need to link your Schlage account to the Google Assistant app.