The simplest way of connecting a Wyze camera to a new Wi-Fi network or connection is to approach the issue as if you were installing a new Wyze Camera. You should not delete any prior settings or attempt to modify your old Wyze Cam. Even though you’ll be using the same device, treat it as if it were a new one when configuring a new Wi-Fi connection.
This scenario necessitates that you follow the regular Wyze Cam setup procedure. You’re in luck if you made a connection with your camera a long time ago or if you forgot the instructions.
Remember that a Wyze Camera requires a power supply (either an outlet or a USB port), a smartphone app from the App Store or Google Play, and an internet connection. You already know the drill if you have a Wyze Camera, and you most likely have the app.
Make sure your app is up to date, and if there are any firmware upgrades available, install those as well. Finally, let’s get started with your Wyze cam’s Wi-Fi configuration. Here’s what you should do.
How to Connect Wyze Cameras to a New Wi-Fi Network
- Launch the Wyze app on your iPhone or Android device.
- If you haven’t already, log in if you haven’t set the app to remember you.
- Connect your Wyze camera to a USB port or an electrical outlet. Wait till it becomes yellow (about thirty seconds).
- Hold down the Setup button on the back of the camera until the automated message “ready to connect” appears.
- Return to the phone app and tap the ellipsis (three dots) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Add a Product and enter the correct name for your device (Wyze Cam, Pan, Sensor, Bulb).
- The setup window will appear; follow the instructions and, if required, give it some time.
- You will be asked to select a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and enter your password. Keep in mind that Wyze Cams do not work on 5GHz networks.
- Connect to your new Wi-Fi network by entering the current password.
- Scanning the QR code on the app with your Wyze Cam is the next step. You’ll hear a voice command, “QR code scanner,” when it scans the QR code.
- Click the I heard a voice command button.
After you’ve picked it from the device list, you can now choose a new label for your Wyze Cam by going to the device settings (gear icon).
Tap on the name and type in a new one.
Note: If you need to connect more than one Wyze Camera to a new Wi-Fi network, repeat these procedures for each one until you have them all set up. You can further customize it by selecting motion and sound detection, for example.
How to change wifi on Wyze camera
To change the WiFi of your Wyze camera, you just need to repeat the same initial installation process. Here are the steps.
- Open the Wyze app on your mobile phone
- Log in to your Wyze account
- Just in case the camera is off, turn it on by plugging in the USB cable
- Hold the setup button until you hear the message
- On the Wyze App click the dots on the top right corner
- Press the button “Add a product” and choose your Wyze Camera
- Choose the new WiFi Network 8. Point the camera to the QR Code
How to reconnect the WYZE camera
To reconnect your Wyze Security Camera, Go to your Wyze app, and follow these steps.
- Go to the settings menu and select the Add a Product option.
- Select the relevant device in the next window and follow the instructions on the screen.
- The software will prompt you to connect your phone to a 2.5 GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Scan the QR code on display to connect the device.