How to Fix Ring Doorbell Camera Showing Black and White Ring Doorbell Camera is one of the perfect gadgets that lets you keep an eye on your home, even when you’re miles away. But what happens when you see your Ring camera display in black and white? It’s like watching a classic movie in colorless mode, and it’s not fun.
Don’t worry; you’re not alone in this. Many homeowners encounter this problem, and we’re here to help you fix it in minutes.
In this blog, we’ll show you how to troubleshoot your Ring Doorbell Camera and bring back the colors to your home security game.
Why does my Ring Doorbell camera show black and white?
Ring Doorbell cameras may display black and white footage instead of color due to several reasons, including being locked in night mode, lighting issues caused by infrared lights, or a lack of available light due to shading. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix this issue.
In this guide, we will provide a step-by-step process to resolve the black-and-white footage problem in Ring Doorbell cameras.
It is essential to resolve this issue to ensure your Ring Doorbell camera is fully functional and can provide the necessary security for your home and family.
How to Fix Ring Doorbell Camera Showing Black and White in Minutes
Restart Your Ring Doorbell
If your Ring Doorbell is stuck in black-and-white mode, restarting the device is a simple and effective solution. Before delving into the settings or making any changes to the system setup, it’s a good idea to reboot the system and see if that fixes the issue.
Restarting the device can restore the camera to its base settings and hopefully solve the problem.
In just a few minutes, you can restart your Ring Doorbell by following these steps:
- Disconnect the Ring Doorbell from its power source. If your Ring Doorbell is hardwired, you will have to disconnect it from its power source.
- Perform a hard reset. Turn your Ring Doorbell around to its back. There you will see an orange button. Press and hold the orange button for more than 15 seconds. Turn the Ring Doorbell to its front and you will see a light flash a few times that will let you know you have activated the reset.
- Wait for the device to reset. Give your Ring Doorbell about 5 minutes to complete the reset.
- Check if the issue is resolved. Once the device has reset, check whether your Ring Doorbell now registers daytime and is no longer stuck in black-and-white mode.
It’s important to note that the process may differ slightly depending on your Ring Doorbell model. Some models may require you to unscrew the bottom screw or remove the faceplate to access the reset button.
However, the general steps to restart your Ring Doorbell remain the same.
Improve the Lighting in your Ring Doorbell’s Environment
To improve the lighting in the environment surrounding your Ring Doorbell and fix the issue of it showing black and white, follow these steps:
- Use smart lighting: Smart lighting can be programmed to turn on automatically when the doorbell is activated or when motion is detected. This can provide additional lighting for the doorbell to use, improving the visibility of the video feed.
- Adjust the camera’s placement: The doorbell’s location can significantly impact the quality of the night vision. Try moving the doorbell to a location with better lighting or more exposure to natural light. Avoid placing the doorbell in areas with strong light sources, such as streetlights or porch lights, as these can wash out the image on the video feed.
- Check your Ring app for advanced settings: Some Ring doorbell models have more advanced settings than others. Use the Ring app to see if you can adjust your doorbell’s infrared light settings. Look for a “Video Settings” button.
- Add an overhead light: If you have poor lighting on your porch due to shade or trees blocking the light, try using an overhead light to increase the amount of light in the area.
- Remove obstructions: You may have to move your Ring Doorbell or the things around it if there is less light coming to your front porch than is sufficient for the infrared lights to turn on. Remove any shrubs or plants that could potentially obstruct the light and ensure that the porch has an overhead light.
By following these steps, you should be able to improve the lighting in the environment surrounding your Ring Doorbell and fix the issue of it showing black and white.
Remember to test your Ring Doorbell after making these changes to ensure that the color has returned to the video feed.
Make Infrared settings Adjustments
If you are experiencing issues with your Ring Doorbell Camera displaying black and white, adjusting the infrared settings may be the solution. Infrared settings are crucial in Ring Doorbell Cameras as they enable the camera to see in low light conditions.
Adjusting the infrared settings can help to improve the visibility of the video footage and eliminate the black-and-white display.
Here is a step-by-step instruction on how to access and adjust the infrared settings on the Ring Doorbell Camera.
To adjust the infrared settings on your Ring Doorbell Camera, follow these steps:
- Launch the Ring App on your mobile phone and tap the three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Find the device settings and click the gear icon.
- Look for the night vision option on the video settings tab.
- Set the night vision to ‘Auto’ if it’s set to ‘Normal.’
If the above steps do not work, you can try changing the environment of your Ring Doorbell Camera. Look around your device for areas with too much shade, as it can trick the camera into remaining in night vision mode and affect the visibility of the video footage.
Change the Environment or location of the Doorbell Camera
If you are experiencing issues with your Ring Doorbell Camera showing black and white, changing the environment or location of the camera can be a simple solution. The issue may be caused by overexposure due to nearby light sources, or lack of light.
It is important to choose a location with adequate lighting and minimal obstruction from trees or bushes. As well, checking the mobile app’s live view can help determine if the new location has resolved the issue.
Reset your Ring Doorbell
If your Ring Doorbell camera is showing black and white, it may be time to reset the device. Resetting your Ring Doorbell can help fix issues with the camera and get it back to its normal color settings.
To reset the Ring Doorbell:
- First, remove the doorbell from its mounting bracket or unscrew the bottom screw and remove the faceplate.
- Look for the large orange setup button on the back or the side of the device and press and hold it for at least 15 seconds.
- The doorbell’s front light will blink for several minutes to indicate the reset procedure.
- Wait until the light turns off to complete the reset. The device will now be in setup mode.
Here is a video guide on how to reset your Ring Video doorbell camera faster:
If the reset does not work, try checking your Wi-Fi connection, ensuring the device is charged, or contacting Ring support for further assistance.
Resetting your Ring Doorbell is an easy and effective way to fix camera issues, so give it a try if you’re experiencing any problems.
Contact Ring Technical Support Team if the above suggestions did not work
If the above suggestions did not work, it is important to contact Ring’s technical support team as they have expert knowledge of their products and can talk you through various troubleshooting methods.
The following steps should be followed when contacting the support team:
- Provide necessary information: When contacting the support team, provide them with your device model and a detailed description of the issue you are facing. This will help the support team to understand the problem better and provide an appropriate solution.
- Troubleshoot with the support team: The support team will guide you through various troubleshooting methods that are specific to your device and issue. It is important to follow their instructions carefully and provide them with feedback on the results of each step.
- Be patient and cooperative: Troubleshooting can take time, so it is important to have patience and be cooperative during the process. The support team may ask you to perform certain actions repeatedly to ensure that the issue is resolved.
- Follow any additional instructions: If the support team provides you with any additional instructions, it is important to follow them carefully. These instructions may include resetting your device or updating your app.
Tips on how to get the best video quality from your Ring doorbell
Adjust the color setting on your Ring Doorbell camera
If you’re experiencing issues with your Ring Doorbell camera showing black-and-white footage, adjusting the color setting can help you get the best video quality possible. It’s important to adjust this setting to ensure that you’re getting clear and accurate footage, especially in low-light conditions.
To adjust the color setting on your Ring Doorbell camera, follow these steps:
- Open the Ring app on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top left corner.
- Find “Devices” and select your device from the list.
- Choose “Device settings” in the device option.
- Look for a “Video Settings” button and tap it.
- Under “Night Vision,” select “Auto” to enable color night vision.
- If you don’t see the option for “Auto,” try changing the location of your camera to a more well-lit area.
Furthermore, it’s important to consider the lighting conditions surrounding your camera when adjusting the color setting. If your camera is in an area with low light, the color night vision setting may provide better video quality.
However, if your camera is in an area with plenty of natural light, the standard color setting may be more appropriate.
Install your camera properly
Proper installation of your Ring doorbell camera is crucial to ensuring the best video quality possible. A poorly installed camera can result in blurry or obstructed footage, leaving you with unreliable security.
Check your camera’s night-vision settings
Proper night-vision settings are crucial for maintaining the safety and security of your property. However, sometimes, the night-vision feature of your Ring doorbell camera can be finicky, resulting in poor video quality. In order to ensure that your camera’s night vision is working optimally, you need to check and adjust the settings.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Open the Ring app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the three-dots menu from the top right corner.
- Then locate the device settings and tap on the gear icon.
- Select video settings and find the night vision option under the video settings tab.
- Here, enable the “Auto” night vision if it sets to normal.
Make sure your camera’s view is clear
Having a clear view from your Ring doorbell camera is crucial for getting the best video quality and ensuring your home’s security. A blurry or obstructed view can result in missed details or unreliable footage.
Here are some steps to follow to ensure your camera’s view is clear and unobstructed:
- Trim any bushes or trees that may be blocking the camera’s view. This will not only improve the camera’s view but also prevent false motion alerts caused by moving branches.
- Clean the camera’s lens regularly to remove any dirt, dust, or smudges that may be obstructing the view. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe the lens gently.
- Adjust the camera’s angle to ensure it’s pointing directly at the area you want to monitor. Ring sells wedge and corner kits that can help you change the horizontal and vertical angle of your Ring Doorbell, while Ring’s cameras can often be adjusted via the ball joint.
- Avoid pointing the camera at windows or other reflective surfaces, as this can cause glare and affect the camera’s view.
Some common mistakes people make when trying to improve their camera’s view include placing the camera too high or too low, not considering the camera’s field of view, and not testing the camera’s view before installation.
To avoid these mistakes, make sure you carefully consider the camera’s placement and test its view by asking someone to ring your doorbell and check the footage.
By following these steps and avoiding common mistakes, you can ensure your Ring doorbell camera’s view is clear and unobstructed, resulting in better video quality and improved home security.
Remember, a small adjustment can make a big difference in the camera’s performance. Taking the time to optimize your camera’s view is a small investment that can pay off in a big way when it comes to keeping your home safe and secure.
Why is my Ring Doorbell just showing black?
Your Ring Doorbell camera footage is showing black because there is insufficient light coming into your front porch for the infrared lights to turn on, therefore the camera will switch to night mode, and the footage will appear in black and white.
Do Ring Doorbells Have Color Night Vision?
Night vision is an essential feature in security cameras, and it greatly affects the overall performance of the Ring Doorbell. Ring Doorbells come with night vision that provides a view of the front porch in black and white. However, some Ring Doorbells come with color night vision, which is a more advanced feature.
Why is my Ring Doorbell not showing video?
If you’re having issues with your Ring Doorbell camera not showing video, there are a few possible reasons why this could be happening. It could be related to your internet connectivity, insufficient lighting, or a weak signal.
How Far Can My Ring Doorbell See At Night?
According to the manufacturer, the Ring camera can see about 30 feet at night time. However, this distance can vary depending on the camera’s location and surroundings. More, some Ring Doorbells come with improved visibility at night, which provides slightly sharper images in low light.
How do I get my Ring camera out of black and white?
If you’re experiencing the issue of your Ring Doorbell Camera showing black and white, Make sure your camera settings are not set to black and white. Restarting and resetting your device can restore the camera to its base settings.