The YI Camera error 3006 is a common error on the YI camera. This error is very common on the YI action camera series (YI 4K, YI 4K+, and YI 4K action camera). This error is a result of the YI camera being unable to process the image as a result of not connecting to the server, which may cause the camera to go offline, freeze, and then error.
The dreaded YI Camera Error 3006 is one of the most common YI camera problems out there. Before we dive into what causes the YI Camera Error 3006 and how to fix it, let’s talk a little bit about the camera.
The YI 1080p HD camera is one of the most popular YI camera models out there, and for good reason. While the camera’s built-in motion detection feature can be a bit finicky, the YI 1080p’s HD video quality, ease of use, and affordable price make it a favorite among the YI camera community.
Also Read: How to fix YI camera error code 3003
When you see the error 3006 on your Yi camera, it is important to work out what it means and how to fix it. There are a variety of factors that can lead to you getting this error. This is an error message that is used by the Yi camera to let you know that something has gone wrong. In this article, we will look at what Yi camera error 3006 means and how to fix error 3006 in the YI security cameras.
Why does my Yi camera keep going offline?
If you are seeing the error “Camera Offline” in your YI security camera, then you should know that it could be a result of YI camera error 3006. This issue is related to your camera not connecting to the server, power connection issue or network connection issue between the camera and the Wi-Fi device (router, extender).
A “Network Connection Failed” error in the app is due to the phone connection (Wi-Fi or cellular) when using the app to view the camera.
What does YI Camera Error 3006 mean?
The YI camera error 3006 means that the camera is offline. This usually happens when the server did not receive a heartbeat from the camera for an extended period, normally 5 minutes.
Also Read: How to Fix YI Camera Error 20009
How to solve YI Camera Error 3006
A few of the quickest ways to fix YI Camera error 3006 is to check your network to make sure your internet is working perfectly. Reboot the camera, turn off the Wi-Fi and then try again to connect.
Other possible ways to fix this error include:
- Make sure your camera is turned on. Connect the camera and power cord to a working electrical outlet.
- Make sure your mobile has a strong Wi-Fi or cellular connection. After verification, check if the camera is back online in the app.
- Move the camera next to your router. If you are using a wired camera and not a wireless (battery) camera, disconnect and reconnect the power cable.
- Make sure there are no obstructions that could block the signal between the router and the camera. If you can see the camera now, see if the connection is stable.
- If the camera stays online next to your router, the problem is the Wi-Fi connection between the router and the installed location.
How to troubleshoot “YI Camera is Offline”?
- Make sure the status light is on and the indicated color is solid blue on the camera. If the blue light is blinking, check your Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure your phone has Wi-Fi or cellular connection to view the camera in the YI Home app.
- Reset the camera and pair it with your mobile device again.
- If this method did not solve the problem, please contact email@example.com.