SimpliSafe has the most comprehensive, reliable security system for homeowners that offers peace of mind. If you are having problems with your camera (or if it doesn’t work at all), check out this article to learn what to do in order to troubleshoot your SimpliSafe system.
SimpliSafe cameras are excellent in terms of connectivity, optimization, and dependability, and you can rely on them for the protection of your home, business, or any other location where you may wish to put them. There are no frequent problems or faults with these cameras, and they will operate most of the time without causing any problems. If your SimpliSafe camera isn’t operating properly, here’s how to repair it.
SimpliSafe Camera Not Working? Troubleshooting tips for the SimpliSafe Security Camera
There are several internet complaints regarding people’s Simplisafe cameras not connecting to their WiFi, app, or network and constantly flashing yellow lights, but no thorough troubleshooting instructions. Here are several fast remedies you may do if you find yourself in this scenario.
Restart the camera if the SimpliSafe camera is not working.
If you are unable to get the camera to operate, the first thing you should do is restart it, which will reboot everything on the camera.
A power cycle on the SimpliSafe camera will ensure that any faults are removed, and it should be operational again in no time.
So, if your camera isn’t responding, just click the power button to turn it off. Allow it to rest for a minute or two after turning it off, then turn it back on.
After rebooting the camera, it will resume normal operation and you will not encounter any further problems with it.
Also, To troubleshoot, check that the power cable is plugged in and your home internet connection is functional.
If you have a password problem, it can be resolved by resetting the camera. You should also check that the camera has the latest password for your network.
If you’re experiencing issues with your SimpliSafe camera, consider buying a Wi-Fi extender. This will help the signal reach further and allow you to see better.
Reset the camera.
If a restart does not work, you will need to do a camera reset to get it operating again. This should be quite straightforward for you, and you won’t have to do anything. SimpliSafe cameras include a physical reset button, which should be sufficient to let you reset the camera.
Keep the button pushed for 20 seconds to reset the device. When the button’s lights begin to flash, you can deactivate it. When the light starts flashing, you know the camera is being reactivated. It may take a minute or two to reset the camera, but once done, you will be able to use it again.
Another thing to consider is that you may notice a solid yellow light on the camera after attempting to reset it. This light shows that the SimpliSafe camera’s software is being updated. While the firmware is being upgraded, it will not react.
This should take no longer than 10 minutes, and you must be patient during that period. You will be able to use the camera without any serious difficulties once the firmware has been updated and the camera has restarted.
Get in touch with SimpliSafe.
While these cameras are not too sophisticated and require no additional wiring other than the power source, there is a chance that your wiring is not functioning properly, causing your camera to not respond and no light to appear on the indication. Other faults within the camera may also need to be addressed.
As a result, it is preferable to contact SimpliSafe to have the camera repaired or replaced precisely without jeopardizing your safety and security and without jeopardizing your warranty.
How to Reset My SimpliSafe Camera
This button resets the camera and allows you to restart it. You can also restart your camera by pressing and holding the reset button on the hub for 20 seconds.
If you’ve tried everything to reset your SimpliSafe camera and it’s still not working, then try unplugging it. This will force the camera to turn on and off which should help it reset.
How to fix SimpliSafe camera not connecting to wifi
Is your SimpliSafe camera not connecting to WiFi or losing Wifi connection? Here’s how to fix it.
There are two primary reasons why a camera’s WiFi connection may be lost. It could be installed too far away from your WiFi network, or it might not have enough bandwidth on your WiFi.
If you’re having WiFi problems with your SimpliSafe system, there are a few things you may do to fix it:
- Check that your router is transmitting your network on a 2.4 GHz signal rather than a 5GHz frequency. (In order to give more coverage, the SimpliSafe system is configured to work with 2.4 GHz WiFi networks. 2.4 GHz networks penetrate walls and floors far better than 5 GHz networks.)
- If your SSID (wireless network name) and/or WiFi Password have recently changed, you must re-enter your password on your keypad. Both the WiFi network name and password are presently limited to 32 characters.
- Check that your SSID is not concealed. If it is, go to your WiFi Router’s network settings and make the network discoverable.
- Move the camera (by disconnecting and replugging it closer if required) so that it is directly next to the internet router.
- If the camera operates in this location after restarting, the distance between the devices may have been too large, and you will need to place the camera closer to your internet router.
- You may also buy a WiFi extender to increase the range of your WiFi.
- If the camera still does not connect even when it is directly close to your router, you may be having WiFi connectivity difficulties; in this instance, try disconnecting other networked devices.
- Try power cycling your base station and reconnecting.
- Reset your wireless router.
- Lastly, you can also talk to your Internet provider about upgrading your bandwidth.
How to fix SimpliSafe camera not showing in App
If you are unable to connect your Simplisafe security camera with your SimpliSafe App in order to view live feeds, do this:
- Examine the color of your LED. If it is solid yellow, it is most likely downloading a firmware update. This is common soon after the initial installation.
- Ascertain that your camera is WiFi-enabled.
- Check that your smartphone or tablet can connect to the internet. Experiment with various websites using your device’s browser.
To add a new security camera using your SimpliSafe app
- Navigate to the SimpliSafe Home Security App’s main menu, then pick Camera.
- Even if you are reinstalling, you must choose Install Camera, Camera, and then the gear icon in the lower-left corner. Then, choose Add New Camera.
- After you’ve given the camera a name, click Next.